By Michelle Albert
- A new children’s book tells the story of how Max Yasgur, a Jewish dairy farmer in Bethel, NY, allowed half a million people to camp out in his backyard for Woodstock, which would become a defining moment in rock and roll history. [Haaretz]
- Jewish summer camps upload thousands of pictures to their websites each day for anxious parents to appreciate. Is this digital link smothering the camp experience? [Forward]
- Comedian Richard Herring defends his show “Hitler Mustache” in the Guardian. [Guardian]
- Tablet takes an in-depth look at the lives of Israel’s mafia. [Tablet]
- Though Iran has been working on creating enriched uranium since 2007, the US State Department registered their doubt that scientists in Tehran could create “weapon-grade material” before 2013. [WashingtonPost]
- Kristen Davis, of “Sex and the City” fame, was dropped from her position as spokesperson for Oxfam International for her work with Ahava cosmetics, a company based in a Jewish settlement in the West Bank. [Jewcy]
- Charlene Yi (girlfriend of Michael Cera) talks to Heeb about her new movie Paper Heart and her undeniable attraction to Jewish guys. [Heeb]
ASK THE RABBIS
HOW SHOULD JEWS TREAT THEIR ARAB NEIGHBORS?
I WANT TO CURRECT THE INDEPENDENT .WHEN THEY WROTE AND YOU SHALL DIVID UP THIS LAND….
ALSO TO THE STRANGERS WHO SOJOURN AMONGST YOU…
AND THEY SHALL BE TO YOU LIKE NATIVE CITIZENS AMID THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL… SAYS G-D EZEKIEL CHPT 47MAY JUNE ARTICLE. WHAT I BELIEVE G-D MENT WAS THE SOJOURNER THAT BEING THE CONVERT.ONE WHO CONVERTS TO BECOME A JEW HE OR SHE IS TO BE TREATED LIKE A NATIVE.